List:       ms-cifs
Subject:    Re: Pass Through Authentication
From:       Christian Starkjohann <cs () OBJECTIVED ! CO ! AT>
Date:       1998-04-02 13:19:01

Hi Paul,

> The DC will see the name of the server, not the original client.

The name that the server really has, or the name that the client gave as a
server name during netbios connection? More exactly: the server name or
"*SMBSERVER"?

> Can you get a netmon sniff? What version of NT is the domain
> controller?  What's the server OS and version?

Unfortunately I can't build the setup here at our place (not enough machines
with NT...). The problem has been reported by a customer and I can't ask him
to do net sniffs. Server and domain controller are NT4, but I don't know
whether they have service packs installed.

Bye, Christian.

--
Christian Starkjohann
<cs *at* ObjectiveD.co.at> or <cs *at* hal.kph.tuwien.ac.at>