List:       ms-capicom
Subject:    Re: Folder Encryption / secure using capicom
From:       "Michel Gallant (MVP)" <neutron () ISTAR ! CA>
Date:       2003-01-15 14:21:53

This is a good job for Win2000+  EFS (Encrypted File System).

"It runs as an integrated system service, which makes EFS easy to
manage, difficult to attack, and transparent to the file owner and to applications \
.."

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/prork/prdd_sec_mpjd.asp

With CAPICOM, you would need to iterate through your folder and encrypt each file.
Not difficult, but not too transparent, integrated or easy to manage :-(

 - Michel Gallant
   MVP Security
   JavaScience Consulting
   http://pages.istar.ca/~neutron