List:       ms-authenticode
Subject:    Auth2 script error
From:       Arlene Kagi <ArleneK () ARKSPACE ! COM>
Date:       1997-07-15 17:41:32

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Microsoft script given at:

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/prog/sdk/detect.htm

that checks the user's machine to see if they have Authenticode2
installed.

When we run it, we get a type mismatch error.  Does anyone know what the
problem is?  Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Arlene
---------------- Script -----------------------
<%
set ua = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
%>

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!--
option explicit
dim majorver
dim ua
dim ie3
dim ie4
dim aol
dim minorver4
dim update
dim winplat
dim nav
dim intButton
set nav = navigator
ua = "<%=ua%>"
minorver4 = ""

if len(ua) >=1 then 'nav object is supported
        winplat = mid(ua,instr(ua,"Windows") + 8, 2)
        majorver = mid(ua,instr(ua,"MSIE") + 5, 1)
        ie3 = majorver = 3 and (winplat = "NT" or winplat = "95" or winplat =
"32")
        ie4 = majorver = 4 and (winplat = "NT" or winplat = "95" or winplat =
"32")
        update = instr(ua,"Update a")
        aol = instr(ua,"AOL")

        if ie4 then minorver4 = mid(ua,instr(ua,"MSIE") + 7, 3)
        If (ie3 or minorver4 = "0b1") and update = 0 and aol = 0 then 'filter
down to ie3 or ie40b1(PP1) then see if "update a" is true and not AOL
                'display information back to the users
                intButton = msgbox ("Get Authenticode 2.0 now!  This update provides
valuable new features and renews key Authenticode certificates that help
you safely download software from the Web. The update should take less
than 5 minutes to download over a 28.8 Kbps modem. Do you want to visit
our Authenticode Update page?", 4 + 64, "Download the Authenticode 2.0
Update Now!")
                If intButton = 6 then
                        location.href="http://www.microsoft.com/ie/security/authent2.htm"
                end if