List:       ms-authenticode
Subject:    Re: "High Security Setting"
From:       Ryan Finnesey <ry () METRONETIC ! COM>
Date:       1997-05-22 21:06:55

>Kevin,
>
>>1.)  Does the "High" Security Setting mean that NO ActiveX controls will
>>be displayed?  If so, why does the HTML Layout Control and the basic
>>controls in VisualInterDev load that are located in the *.alx file, but
>>NOT the MCSI Control?
>
>The "High" Security Setting means that only those ActiveX controls which are
>digitally signed by the publisher will be displayed by Internet Explorer. The
>ActiveX Controls which are not digitally signed will not be displayed.
>
>>2.)  Will you PLEASE HELP? The use of POPULAR ActiveX controls, such as
>>MS Common Controls, and maybe NCOMPASS -- CaptiveX controls is very
>>crucial.  Becuase of the security issues @ USAA, they must be run under
>>the "High" Security Setting.
>
>Some of the popular ActiveX Controls are still not digitally signed.
>However, to
>find and obtain the latest signed controls, you can visit the MS Site Builder
>Network ActiveX Controls gallery at http://www.microsoft.com/activex/gallery/
>
>A digitally signed version of the MCSi Menu Control is available here for
>download.
>If you use these controls downloaded from the gallery, your problem should be
>solved.
>
>>P.S. I hope this is the appropriate mailing list, if not -- I apologize
>>for the error.
>
>This is the mailing list for the developers of ActiveX Controls who wish to
>digitally sign their controls using Authenticode.
>The mailing list for those using ActiveX Controls is IE-HTML. You can send an
>email to Listserv@listserv.msn.com with a blank subject and the message body
>containing sub IE-HTML your name
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Mahendra Palsule <mahendra@querisoft.com>
>Program Manager, SecureFile
>Querisoft

|  Ryan Finnesey               | Metronet Internet Consulting   |
|  CEO                         | Suite 204                      |
|  ry@metronetic.com           | Wyckoff, NJ  07481             |
|  http://www.metronetic.com   | Phone: 201- 934-9651           |
|                              | Tool-free:  1-888-81-MERTO     |