List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Re: How to prevent the underscore from appearing
From:       Nagi Hanna Nahas <nnahas () ACM ! ORG>
Date:       2001-04-29 21:52:47

Thanks ,Ramakrishna ,your explanation helped me fix the problem . In fact
,It appears that not only
VB displays the coclass name instead of the interface name , but it only has
this behavior
if the coclass is declared within the same type library the method is
declared in . In my ATL
project ,I had imported msado15.idl in my IDL file ,but  I didn't have the
statement importlib("msado15.dll") in the library block so the type library
did not contain the information that
the default interface of  Recordset is _Recordset , and that is why ,in VB
the method was displayed
as MyFunc(rs as _Recordset) ,and this , despite the fact that ActiveX Data
Objects component
was referenced in the VB project .When I added the importlib statement in
the ATL project, everything went fine.