List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Re: VT_I8 vartype
From:       Dee Holtsclaw <dee () SUNBELTSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2000-07-31 16:15:19

You might not be able to use VT_I8, but you can use VT_CY...

Be very careful about type spoofing. It can and will bite you
if you're not careful. In this case, VT_CY is an 8-byte integer
but one which has 4 implied decimal places. It is also always
signed. Just cast it, always remember what it really is and
make sure you document each and every cast so six months from
now you'll be able to remember what you were doing and why.

Sincerely,
Lawrence "Dee" Holtsclaw
Senior Software Engineer
Sunbelt Software Solutions, Inc.