List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Weird SOAP behaviour :|
From:       Assaf Lavie <Assaf () PRAXELL ! COM>
Date:       2000-07-30 19:35:40

Hi.
I'm using the SOAP Toolkit wizard to generate SOAP servers from COM objects.
It works fine for simple implementations:

VB ActiveX DLL
        Class Math
                Function Add (x, y) as integer

I get a return value and everything's fine.
But when I instantiate other COM objects inside my wrapped COM server I get
a "Bad SOAP return".

Example (Of _complex_ implementation):
function Add(..)
        Dim X as new recordset / xmldocument.... // This causes the call to
fail!! :(
        Add = x + y
end function

Why is that?
I'm using ASP listeners, and I'm pretty sure it's all configured properly...
Thanks.

Assaf.