List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Re: Sink Events From Excel
From:       Tim Tabor <tltabor () EARTHLINK ! NET>
Date:       2000-07-29 22:00:36

Good points.

> Are they mentionning a recommended order ? They just say that
> it's generally
> the case. Anyway Microsoft is doing it the other way with Office
> products !

I should have described the order as typical rather than recommended.
I was just addressing the impression that the first-to-last
ordering is "standard" and examining the problem with the sink.
Although Microsoft uses named parameters for its Office events,
it hasn't provided any C++ sink implementations that can deal with
them properly.

> You have to analyze rgdispidNamedArg and pack the parameters according to
> what's specified there. Then it will work in all cases (except maybe when
> arguments are omitted ?).

Exactly.  And you can do it either by writing a sink for the general
case (sounds like a good project), or (assuming consistent calls) by
providing FUNCINFO's for individual events.

Thanks for the feedback.

// tim