List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Re: how to get rid of typelib???
From:       Michael Nelson <mikenel () IAPETUS ! COM>
Date:       1998-12-31 20:10:35

There is a lot of confusion over marshaling terminology. I don't agree that
type library marshaling is standard marshaling. Standard marshaling is
either P/S or TLB marshaling where the system-provided marshaler does the
work. Marshaling using type library should be called simply
Type-Library-based marshaling, not standard marshaling or universal
marshaling (it doesn't support many of the useful MIDL attributes!!).

My 2 cents.

-mike