List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Strange Error Message in an MTS ATL Dll :: R6025 Pure Virtual
From:       Sunit Carpenter <puto () EXECPC ! COM>
Date:       1998-12-31 5:06:54

Win NT Server 4.0 SP4 :: Visual C++ 6.0 sp1  :: MDAC 2.0 SP1

Hi,

I have written an ATL dll that uses ADO to communicate with a database (SQL
Server 6.5).  The code that communicates with the Database works fine
because I tested it seperately in an SDI app and I got back the results I
expected.

I added this ATL dll into MTS and I am having a small problem that I cant
seem to get around.  When I invoke a method in my ATL dll that communicates
with the database I get the following error dialog box:: (I have a vc++ and
a vb client and they both come up with the same error)

RunTime Error!
Path...............
R6025
-pure virtual function call

I dont understand what the error is trying to tell me.  I know that the
method I am calling is not a virutal function.  Following is the code for
the whole function::

STDMETHODIMP CMTS_DATA_ACCESS_OBJ1::ExecuteUpdate(BSTR sql, long
*lRowsAffected)
{
 // TODO: Add your implementation code here
 _ConnectionPtr  Conn1;
    _CommandPtr     Cmd1;
    _RecordsetPtr   Rs1;

 _variant_t  vRowCount;

   try
{
  Conn1.CreateInstance( __uuidof( Connection ) );
        Cmd1.CreateInstance( __uuidof( Command ) );

        Conn1->Open( "TABLE1","username","password", -1 );

        Cmd1->ActiveConnection = Conn1;
        Cmd1->CommandText = _bstr_t( L"update Table1 set SSN = 6666 where
Age = 10");
        Rs1 = Cmd1->Execute( &vRowCount, NULL, adCmdText );

  *lRowsAffected = vRowCount;

  Cmd1->Release();
  Conn1->Release();
}
catch(_com_error e)
{
    _bstr_t description(e.Description());
  _bstr_t ErrMsg(e.ErrorMessage());
  _bstr_t source(e.Source());

}

 return S_OK;
}

I used the debugger to step thru my code and the error seems to occur when
"RETURN S_OK" line is executed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sunit