List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Re: resizing an activex control in an atl composite window
From:       Chris Sells <csells () SELLSBROTHERS ! COM>
Date:       1998-12-30 20:00:07

inline

Chris Sells
http://www.sellsbrothers.com

[snip]

I'd recommend using a CAxWindow, e.g.

        CAxWindow ax = GetDlgItem(IDC_CONTROL1);
        ax.MoveWindow(...);

The MoveWindow call will be managed by the CAxHostWindow object, which will
handle the COM calls on the control for you.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Billy Roberts
>
> p.s.
>
> Is anyone out there planning to write a book that focuses on
> windows programming
> with ATL...that is take up where professional atl left off?

There's a rather large chapter in ATL Internals
(http://www.sellsbrothers.com/atlinternals) focused on the windowing
framework classes in ATL . ATL Internals should be on the shelves in early
March (keep your fingers crossed!).

Chris