List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Unknown COM Error
From:       "Pennington, Dale" <dpenning () INGR ! COM>
Date:       1997-10-31 21:35:10

This is somewhat offtopic, but the object involved is ATL based.

I am accessing a Database using the COM level interfaces in DAO.
Recently I have started getting an error # 0x80040112 when trying to
create the Engine. The call I use is :

        hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CDAODBEngine,
                                  NULL,
                                  CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,
                                  IID_IDAODBEngineW,
                                  (void**)&m_dbEngine);

The problem is I do not know what this error code is, and why I would
get it. Does anyone out there have an idea ??

Dale