List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Problem with out-of-proc object
From:       Ryan Reid <ryanr () MOSSMICRO ! COM>
Date:       1997-10-30 19:31:02

I have an interface described in an .IDL file that is registered via an
ATL .DLL.  There is no coclass defined in this typelib. I implement this
interface in a MFC application.  The coclass is defined in an ODL file.

        // in the .DLL's .idl file
        interface IApp : IUnknown
        {

        }

        // in the .exe (MFC)

        importlib("dll.tlb");
        coclass Application
        {
                [default] interface IApp;
        }

        the class is registered
        HKCR\MyApp.Application
                CLSID = {}  CLSID_Application

        HKCR\CLSID
                LocalServer32 = myapp.exe
                InprocHandler32 = ole32.dll
                ProgID = MyApp.Application

After the class (window) that implements this interface is created, I
call RegisterClassObject() on this interface.  This works.

Then in VB 5, I call GetObject(, "class").  This works. (I also can do
this in C++, it still works)

Then, I can call any of the propput and propget methods.  This also
works.

Finally, I call any of the methods.  This does not work.  The error
returned is "A null reference pointer was passed to the stub.".  So,
this tells me that there is a problem with my proxy/stub, which is built
and registered.

Any ideas?