List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Re: CoGetClassObjectFromURL
From:       Ryan Reid <ryanr () MOSSMICRO ! COM>
Date:       1997-07-30 18:46:37

Well, whatever the documentation says, it's right.  I now have
everything working.  The ICodeInstall::OnCodeInstallProblem() method is
called, noteably, whenever the .OCX exists on the target.

FYI, I must say, this was a bit more complex than I had initially
expected (based on the documentation about code download).  I ended up
(re) implementing this in MFC, encapsulating the whole thing in a dialog
box with a meter, status, ... (you know).  Nothing against ATL, I have a
client, you know.

On another note, there is a method on IBindCtx (SetBindOptions) that
takes a pointer to a BIND_OPTS2 struct, which has a member grfFlags
which can have the value BIND_MAYBOTHERUSER (whew!).  I mention this
only because it seems (I use this loosely) that a code download should
set this flag.  (It is not set, according to the documentation).  Any
ideas?

Thanks for the help, again.
Ryan