List:       mrtg
Subject:    Re: [mrtg] Thank you
From:       Steve Shipway <s.shipway () auckland ! ac ! nz>
Date:       2009-05-08 2:17:29

> In the mrtg-bundle, looking at the README.txt it says, "MRTG version
> 2.9.27", but the installer just says "2.1.0.exe". I am currently using MRTG
> version 2.1.16 and would like to implement RRDTool as soon as possible

This is because you are looking at the Open Innovations 'MRTG Bundle' version 2.1.0.  \
This Bundle install for Windows helpfully contains everything you need, but at a \
rather old version of the software.  You can subsequently upgrade MRTG to 2.16, \
RRdtool to 1.3.x and Routers2 to 2.19 if you choose.

The README is actually slightly out of date as the CD originally held v2.9.27 of MRTG \
but this was later upgraded to 2.16.2

> Also, as this seems to work with the 95th percentile and I am solely using
> MRTG to monitor Router Traffic, this seems to be what I need. Should I
> implement this version or stay with what I am currently running and wait
> for future updates to MRTG?

You can get 95th Percentiles with Routers2, or by using various other 3rd Party \
add-ins to MRTG.  On the whole, you would be better advised ot upgrade to the latest \
versions of MRTG, RRDtool and Routers2 if you are comfortable with doing so - the \
MRTG Bundle 2.1.0 is very out of date (Open Innovations have indicated that a new \
bundle version will possibly be created with the latest versions some time in the \
future)

Hope this helps, and (on behalf of everyone) thankyou for your appreciation

Steve