List:       mpls
Subject:    [mpls] Comments to draft-tsaad-mpls-rsvpte-bidir-lsp-fastreroute
From:       Gregory Mirsky <gregory.mirsky () ericsson ! com>
Date:       2013-02-27 23:40:56

Dear Authors, et al.,
Please find my comments to this document below:
*       As noted in the Introduction, bi-directional co-routed LSP can be s=
ignaled in context of GMPLS model. I recall that it was agreed that all wor=
k on GMPLS constructs will be conducted within CCAMP WG.
   *    I think that scenario described in the second paragraph of the Intr=
oduction section is not correct. I believe that protection path(s) for bi-d=
irectional co-routed LSP must be bi-directional and co-routed as well. Thus=
 I don't see it possible that there will be "asymmetry of paths" after prot=
ection switchover. IMO, protection path must have the same properties as wo=
rking path, i.e. be bi-directional co-routed LSP.
   *    Asymmetry of paths may exist if working path is bi-directional asso=
ciated LSP but such construct is not in scope of this document and I believ=
e that this case fully covered by RFC 4090.
   *    Problem that you alledge in the third paragraph should not exist in=
 GMPLS with use of ASSOCIATION object (RFC 6780)
   *    I'd point that local protection with node protection for bi-directi=
onal co-routed LSP turns into a case of segment protection with OAM being r=
an between PLRs and PSC (RFC 6378) coordinating switchover by exchanging me=
ssages over protection segment.

        Regards,
                Greg