List:       mpls
Subject:    Re: [mpls] MPLS-RT review	of	draft-pdutta-mpls-multi-ldp-instance@tools.ietf.org
From:       "Dutta, Pranjal K (Pranjal)" <pranjal.dutta () alcatel-lucent ! com>
Date:       2012-09-06 19:25:31

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi Lizhong,
                          I think we are back to square one.

※there are two points. 1. then could I say the loop detection could be done without \
Node-ID TLV? As pointed out in my previous email, the loop detection could be simply \
done by the FEC set checking. 2. if we are agreed with the first point, then we could \
discuss other utility for Node-ID TLV.§

                               +---------------------------+
    FEC Type A--------|         APP  X             |------------------FEC Type B
     (session 1)          +---------------------------+     (session 2)

                          There is an Application X (APP X) that uses LDP for \
signaling its required infrastructure and can work in mix mode 每 means it can stitch \
LSPs between FEC Type A (exchanged over session 1) and FEC Type B (exchanged over \
session 2) thru its ※own FIB§. If both session 1 and 2 are || to same node then may \
impact the functioning of APP X.

                         Such example could be H-VPLS (RFC 4762) where FEC Type A = \
spoke PW = FEC128 and FEC Type B = mesh PW = FEC129. It is  also possible that \
FEC-Type B = mLdp FEC where the entire tree is dedicated for VPLS Mcast in mesh \
points (means no upstream PW Label).

                        There could be other examples, such as MS-PW where you may \
stitch FEC128-FEC129 from aggregation->core.

Thanks,
Pranjal