List:       mpls
Subject:    Re: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-06.txt
From:       "t.petch" <ietfc () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2011-10-21 16:07:45

Ross

I had just drafted this when your Last Call came out.

The technical content of this seems to be stabilising, albeit on moving
foundations, but the text seems to offer scope for improvement.

Taking a paragraph at random:

"Continuity Check and Connectivity Verification (CC-V)
[why not CC-CV as in the I-D draft-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi ?]
are OAM    operations generally used in tandem, and compliment each other.
[verges on the tautological - either phrase would do]
   These functions are generally run pro-actively, but may also be used
[we once had one proactive, the other on-demand, but I think now both
are proactive but only one on demand]
   on-demand, either due to bandwidth considerations or for diagnoses of
[diagnoses plural? of multiple conditions, or singular diagnosis?]
   a specific condition.  Pro-actively
['Proactively' seems redundant here]
                                                      [MPLS-TP OAM Reqs]
[ugly abbreviation MPLS-TP seems redundant in the context, OAMREQS
would be a more normal RFC-style abbreviation (but I do prefer TEXT to
RFCzzxx)]
states that
   the function should allow the MEPs to monitor the liveness and
   connectivity of a transport path.  In on-demand mode, this function
   should support monitoring between the MEPs and, in addition, between
   a MEP and MIP
[MEP and MIP? not quite what on-demand-cv says]

I;'s not exactly wrong, but seems loose in its wording.

Tom Petch