List:       mplayer-users
Subject:    Re: [MPlayer-users] AVFifoBuffer error
From:       Masaru Nomiya <nomiya () lake ! dti ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2024-05-02 3:31:41

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] AVFifoBuffer error
  Date & Time: Wed, 1 May 2024 12:55:50 +0200

[AS] == Alexander Strasser <eclipse7@gmx.net> has written:

AS>  On 2024-04-30 08:03 +0900, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
[...]>
MN>> I thought the culprit was around jack too, and tried to build with the
MN>> --disable-jack switch, but it didn't work.

MN>> But after reading your email, I tried again and was able to build
MN>> it!!!

AS>  There is a high probability your previous tries were before we
AS>  fixed most problems related to ffmpeg major bumps.

I was relieved to hear it.

I was in a hurry to find out if I got senile. (^^;;

AS>  For me it often failed first around the AVFifo in ao jack as well.
AS>  Then if you had used --disable-jack it would have failed for ao
AS>  sdl. Anyway that is all fixed now :)

AS>  Regarding audio outputs, some are still broken though:

AS>  1. jack
AS>  2. coreaudio (MacOS)
AS>  3. kai, dart (OS/2)

AS>  It is not entirely trivial to fix if multiple threads are used. So
AS>  it needs to be checked in detail before patching.

I see.

Thanks.

---
┏━━┓彡  Masaru Nomiya                       mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛	"To hire for skills, firms will need to implement robust and
	    	intentional changes in their hiring practices ― and change is
	    	hard."

        -- Employers don’t practice what they preach on skills-based hiring --