List:       mplayer-users
Subject:    [MPlayer-users] Slave Mode: Get Window Geometry
From:       Kevan Hashemi <hashemi () opensourceinstruments ! com>
Date:       2019-11-18 3:45:11

Greetings,

I'm starting MPlayer with the following command:

mplayer -geometry 10%:10% -slave -idle -quiet -fixed-vo

The window opens in the 10%:10% location. I play video segments like this:

loadfile segment1.mp4

While the video is playing, the user can move the window and change its size. When \
the first segment ends, the window stays open, thanks to the "-fixed-vo" option. So I \
can the next video segment.

loadfile segment2.mp4

When it starts to play the next segment, the window moves to the top-left corner \
again, and presents a full-size display of the new video, rather than keeping the \
dimensions set by the user. This may be a consequence of "-fixed-vo", but I don't use \
"-fixed-vo", how can I stop MPlayer from quitting when it has finished playing a \
segment?

Given that it is possible to specify the initial position of the window on the \
screen, is it also possible for MPlayer to report to me it's current position on the \
screen?

Given that it is possible to specify the initial dimensions of the window, is it also \
possible for MPlayer to report the current dimensions of the window?

If the answer to these two questions is Yes, then I can query MPlayer, close the \
Mplayer window, and open another one in the same place with the same geometry for the \
next file, and the user will be able to keep her window arrangement as she move to \
the next segment.

Thank you in advance for your help, Kevan

--
Kevan Hashemi, President
Open Source Instruments Inc.