List:       mplayer-users
Subject:    Re: [MPlayer-users] Audio click when speed changed
From:       Chris Crochet <chris () weldtest ! com>
Date:       2014-05-21 6:24:20

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger@gmx.de>
wrote:
> I haven't seen this issue.

When I was previously using VLC as my backend, I noticed a similar issue.
 Considering the same person originally wrote the scaletempo filter for
both MPlayer and VLC, I assumed the issue (and fix) were the same.

> I forgot the one issue I noticed though:
> If you start with 1.0 the filter will not do anything and it will
> not cover up the clicks when it gets activated.
> By starting with -speed 1.0001 I couldn't notice it anymore though.
> That included when going back to 1.0, though in theory the
> filter should request being removed at 1.0...
> Either way, I suspect you might avoid using exactly 1.0 as speed.

Excellent info.  You're right, avoiding speed 1.0 at all times seems to
work also, whatever the cause may be.  Thanks!