List:       mplayer-users
Subject:    [MPlayer-users] Fw: Re:  I know what telecine and interlacing are, but ....
From:       James Board <jpboard2 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2014-05-15 12:32:38

> > <Lobs> the answer is his
> dtv box sets an interlaced
>  >video mode to the
> > tv via hdmi, where as his pc is doing a progressive
> mode.
> > <Lobs> he then asks if using mplayer to the tv
> with
> > his pc can he play
> > without the interlace effects without deinterlaing
> etc,
> > answer is yes,
> > but he would need to set the pc to use an interlaced
> mode to
>  >the tv,
> > which may make terminal text look REALLY bad.
> > <iive> I could post this replay in the maillist.
> > <iive> so he needs to set e.g. 1080i instead of
> 1080p
> > <iive> then the TV would deinterlace the video.
  =

Thanks for the reply.=A0 I fully understand your answer.
 =

My PC has 3 displays connected to it.=A0 One display is for the
television screen, while the other two are computer monitors.
Is it possible to set 1080i for only the television screen?
 =

Also, where does one set 1080i instead of 1080p?=A0 This is =

a Linux PC with an Nvidia graphics card.=A0 I ran nvidia-settings
but I did not see any options for 1080i.
 =

James