List:       mplayer-users
Subject:    Re: [MPlayer-users] Solved! (was Re:  Problem: some videos freeze,
From:       Randy Kramer <rhkramer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-22 10:28:00

Reimar,

Thanks for that!  Some followups below:

On Saturday 22 October 2011 06:06:05 am Reimar D=F6ffinger wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 04:39:46PM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> > I got the problem solved.
> >
> > It turns out it was related to the 1000 fps for the container. ("Seems
> > stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 1000.00...=
")

> 1000 fps really means variable frame-rate in MPlayer.

Thanks--it's good to learn something.  Does it matter whether that 1000 fps=
 is =

from the container or for (from?) the codec?  =

Would you expect that whatever created the video also intended the 1000 fps=
 to =

mean variable frame rate?

> Most likely there's something wrong with the first frame's time stamp.

Do you know of any sort of more "surgical" tool that might let me examine a=
nd =

edit the first frame's time stamp (and/or the container frame rate) without =

doing a conversion on the entire file?

> I think your MPlayer version might be old enough that -demuxer lavf
> helps.

Looks like it, as there is a -demuxer option in man mplayer.  But, I normal=
ly =

(other than when testing) use gmplayer with a playlist.  I'm sure I could =

answer this question for myself with a little digging, but since I'm asking =

questions anyway, I'll ask: is there a way to apply the -demuxer option to =

only certain files (not all are the same format) in a (plain text) playlist?

> But as said, I am quite confident that this is just a result of using
> too old code.

Ok, that's interesting also--so you think that if I upgraded mplayer, it co=
uld =

handle the 1000 fps framerate (for the container) and the different 29.nn =

frame rate for the codec without choking, as my current mplayer does?

Maybe I should get more serious about replacing my system soon (and doing t=
he =

entire upgrade, Debian 6.0, kde 4, etc.

Thanks again!
Randy Kramer