List:       mplayer-users
Subject:    [MPlayer-users] [Fwd: Why I can't increse/decrease volume in
From:       Rocky Zhang <rocky () userful ! com>
Date:       2004-07-12 21:11:18

Hi,

If I use mplayer command line to play mp3 file like this:

mplayer -ao alsa1x:hw:0 test.mp3

The song is playing; And if I use "/" or "*" to increase/decrease
volume, got the error message:

[alsa-control]: unable to find simple control 'PCM',0

Is something wrong with my alsa driver or something else? I checked I
installed 2 RPMs related to ALSA:
alsa-lib-1.0.3a-2
alsa-utils-1.0.3-1

Any one have any idea?