List:       mp3encoder
Subject:    Re: [mp3encoder] Lame changes the duration time of the resulting
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-08-03 13:50:37

Hi again!

On Monday 03 August 2009 14:32:13 Joaquin Dario Gonzalez wrote:
> Thanks Hans, I supposed the same that you tell me about lame includes
> aditional information. The problem is that I'm converting several small wav
> files into mp3 individual files, and then I concatenate all together in
> just one mp3 file. More files concatenated, more the total time error I
> have. I think that some method should exist to avoid this.

Indeed with MP3s this is not so easy.  It is probably simply impossible to do
so after encoding, even when re-packing the MP3 files (i.e. not using file
concatenation, but copying data selectively, using the bit reservoir and what
else there is), due to the fundamental nature of the encoding (being
frequency- and not time sampling-based).

So in your case I would agree with Aleksandar, that .wav concatenation is the
way to go.

Best,
  Hans