List:       mp3encoder
Subject:    Re: [mp3encoder] MP3 CUE cutter   <<<   VIRUS
From:       <danielbuus () mail ! dk>
Date:       2003-07-24 7:01:19

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 01:14:17PM +0200, danielbuus@mail.dk wrote:
> > Just in case someone's antivirus software doesn't pick it up, don't open
> > that message.
> where exactly should be a virus here?
>
> regards,
> wernfried

Oh, sorry - Manuel and I continued the conversation off-list. Guess I should
have posted the result to the list too :)

We found out that the message in question was:

A) Not sent by Manuel, but rather the virus spoofed his name and the subject
line from some other list participant's inbox (Manuel is running Linux and
so couldn't possibly have the virus.)
B) Sent directly to me, and mistaken by me as being a message sent to the
entire list (I have a message filter that puts everything with [mp3encoder]
in the subject line into a specific directory for this list, even if the
message doesn't really come from mp3encoder@minnie.tuhs.org.)

So, in short, Manuel didn't send that virus, someone else on the list did,
and the virus wasn't even sent to the list, it was sent to me. So everyone
please disregard my warning and accept my apologies for not properly
checking into the origin of the virus infected message :)

Cheers,
Daniel