List:       mozilla-wishlist
Subject:    Saving/Mailing page including images, applets etc.
From:       Holger Stratmann <finch2 () cww ! de>
Date:       1998-03-24 1:43:54

I'd really like to be able to save a page to my harddisk and still have
it look the same way when I open it later! Well, the extreme
implementation would be something like "take page x levels deep", but
that's not at all necessary. There are programs for that.

All I ask is that Navigator offers an option of saving images, applets
(and sounds??) along with the page. This should not be hard at all,
because a strange workaround already exists: Click File|Edit Page, the
Save it in Composer => all the images are saved! There are some problems
if the page contains things composer doesn't understand: frames,
JavaScript...

Another nice feature would be the option of including and sending a
"PAGE" to somebody, not just the URL. If he/she downloads his/her mail
and disconnects (not common in the US, but very common in almost every
other country where phone calls cost money), the mail is empty. Given
the nice features of sending HTML-mail containing images and whatnot,
I'd like to send the complete page as if I had created it in Messenger!
(I could save all the elements to my harddisk, save the source, recreate
it in Messenger and insert the images as links... that's possible and
will only take half an hour per page...)

The feature as I suggested it should not be much work at all...

--
                       \\///
                      ('O O')