List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Re: formatting toolbar/UI discussion
From:       Dave Hyatt <hyatt () netscape ! com>
Date:       2000-06-29 19:13:29

The formatting toolbar is in an overlay, and that means it should not include
any skin information.  It should not be (if it's done properly) attempting to
define its own look at all, i.e., no specs on colors, backgrounds, rollover
behavior, etc. etc.  By omitting this information, the toolbar will properly
pick up the skin of whatever app it's being overlaid into.

Rules on this stuff are contained on http://www.mozilla.org/xpfe in the
skinnability guidelines document (which amazingly enough is still completely
accurate).

dave
(hyatt@netscape.com)