List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    [Fwd: Mozilla Mail Folder Organization]
From:       Scott Youmans <scotty () netscape ! com>
Date:       1999-03-13 2:15:13

From: Giao Nguyen <grail@cafebabe.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:44:10 -0800 (PST)
To: scotty@netscape.com (Scott Youmans)
CC: Edwin Woudt <edwin@woudt.nl>
Subject: Re: Mozilla Mail Folder Organization

The multiple identity hacks were courtesy of Edwin Woudt's (Grendel
hacker surpreme) work.

Since Edwin's site is over in Europe and the New York->Europe links
tends to suck at times, you might be interested in taking a peek at
http://wuss.cafebabe.org/~grail/Grendel[1-7].png In particular, I
think you're going to be intereted in Grendel4.png which shows how the
identity is selected from a drop down list of sorts.

As for preferences, Grendel stores a couple bits of information all in
Java properties format (key=value).

First and foremost is the number of identities. Conceptually, it's
arranged as follows:

mail.identity.count=number
for each identity
	identity-#.username=name
	identity-#.password=password
	identity-#.mailaddress=mailaddress
	identity-#.organization=organization
endfor

Edwin can fill you in on the specifics of the keys. From that we build
the drop down list. Grendel's preference dialog system doesn't support
it yet since we need to write up whole new codes around storage and
editing of individual items, but for the most part, if one were to
hack the preference file itself (xena.pref) it would appear in the
drop down list as shown in Grendel4.png.

My assumption is that one would be marked as the default identity
which would be highlighted, moved to the top, etc. or marked as
apporpriate so that by default, all mail would be sent from that
identity. For Grendel, I believe identity-0 is assumed to be the
default identity.

Edwin: do you have any notes this information?

Giao