List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Re: Tear away
From:       "German W. Bauer" <german () netscape ! com>
Date:       1998-10-26 17:33:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Actually, we are currently considering moving the pane to the right side of the
window as a default rather than the left. Part of the reasoning is that we will
avoid a design conflicting with many of the web pages out there like c|net, that
have the table of contents on the left. We also believe that this will make the
interface less compete with the content, at least in the left->right writing
locales. Making it configurable is also being re-considered. Due the list/text
nature of the content, this might yield a 'less successful' layout though when
docked on the top or bottom.
+ German