List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Tabbed structure on webpages
From:       Chris and Beatrix <claggc () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       1998-09-24 18:44:35

Ramiro had suggested an alternate tabbed structure for the mozilla
frame.  In my interest of MDI style (clean and uncluttered desktop) I
came across this in a recent web mail.

This shows I think that not all problems are solved the same way.
Ramiro's suggestion comes interestingly to life and without all the
"chrome"  and front end re-coding that we have strapped on as our
default vision.  Perhaps that is normal given a large and complicated
project and the focus that is necessary to surmount some of these
issues.

Anyway, wanted to say that I thought Ramiro's suggestion was good, and
Pat Gunn's too.  Thought  my personal preference is subsumed windows
rather than a virtual desktop. But everyone has a different personal
preference for how they navigate and what features they prefer.

Anyway,  Peace Treaty guys.

Thought this was an interesting solution:   Don't manipulate the chrome,
manipulate the content inside the chrome.

Is is possible this could be set up as one of several different ways to
display pages inside the frame?  In this way users could choose a style
of display as their default, or change as desired.

The structure I am talking about came from:

http://www.snap.com/

Take care and Peace Treaty guys,
Just because I like a certain style doesn't mean I don't think Mozilla
isn't good. Just that there are features that I have come across that I
would like to incorporate if it is feasible,
That's all.
Chris