List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Re: Text widget on non-Motif platforms
From:       Shimpei Yamashita <shimpei+eyrie+usenet () BOFH ! patnet ! caltech ! edu>
Date:       1998-05-28 1:17:02

Alan Shutko  <shutkoa@ug.eds.com> writes:

>M> The mac already has standard keybindings for many of the things
>M> that you probably want. We should use Apple's specs, not emacs. If
>M> we don't meet Apple's specs, it's a bug that we need to fix.
>
>On the other hand, allowing users to use the keybinding they wish is a
>good thing.  Many people like using Emacs keybindings.

I did notice that control-A works on some form windows (but, curiously, not
control-E). The big problem with Mac OS key bindings for Netscape is that
command-left and command-right are already taken, so you can't use them
for form entries.

--
Shimpei Yamashita               <http://www.patnet.caltech.edu/%7Eshimpei/>