List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Re: DHMTL Performance Improvements
From:       Sailfish <sailfish () unforgettable ! com>
Date:       2002-10-26 18:24:44

AndyEd wrote:
> Sailfish <sailfish@unforgettable.com> wrote in message news:<ap1a7n$d1u1@ripley.netscape.com>...
>
>>I just tried a DHTML stress test script I had written on 1.2b build
>>2002101808 and now that sucker *smokes* in Mozilla. In prior releases it
>>was snail-slow as compared to either Netscape 4 and IE. Now it compares
>>quite favorable to either of them.
>

> I've generally found performance on Windows to be dramatically
> superior to *nix/Mac.  Have you tried it there?

First, my stress test case is:

http://www.projectit.com/articles/yamf/index.html

or if you want to fiddle with the options:

http://www.projectit.com/articles/yamf/yamfwoes13.html#_TocRollUrOwn

I don't have access to a Mac but I had found Linux in the past to
perform somewhat better than Windows. However, in build 2002101808, this
  test case worked wonderfully in either system (Note: 2002102508 seems
to have broken the script???)

> My test cases are:
> http://surfmind.com/lab/optimoz/rsvp/v4.cfm
> http://surfmind.com/lab/optimoz/rsvp/v5.cfm
> http://surfmind.com/lab/moz/screenplay/mission2.cfm
>
> In increasing order of perf demand.

Interesting, I tested them out in Netscape 7 (Moz 1.0.1) and Mozilla
build 2002102508 and they appeared to render about the same?

--

Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org
Netscape 6/7 Tips: http://www.hmetzger.de/net6e.html