List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    pref dialog remember last location?
From:       Jason Labumbard <bardeaux307 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 18:54:41

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have the preference dialog
remember the last pane it was on.  I find myself going back to the same
spot in the dialog but I can only start in either navigator or theme
depending on how I enter the dialog.  I have tried setting a prefstring
during the onload of the pref-navigator.xul but when I try to call
goPreferences with that it doesn't work.  Here is what I am trying...

during the onload function I set a prefstring
"browser.preferences.lastlocation" to "pref-navigator.xul"
"browser.preferences.container" to "navigator"

then when the preference menu item is selected I changed the oncommand to..
goPreferences(container,location,container)

Does anyone think this should work?  If not does anyone think what I am
trying to do is even possible and if so, any suggestions would be great!!!

~Jason