List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Re: Quick Launc/Turbo Mode Plan
From:       "Hramrach (Michal Suchanek)" <hramrach () centrum ! cz>
Date:       2001-11-30 9:03:36

Paul Chen wrote:

> Turbo Mode (Quick Launch) Plan for MachV
>
> Functional Spec
>
> [systray icon]
> When the user has enabled Quick Launch either through the installer, via
> preferences (preferences->advanced), or by launching mozilla with the
> "-turbo" option (actually -turbo, /turbo, -server, /server), an icon
> will appear in the windows system tray signalling that turbo mode (Quick
> Launch) is active, either immediately if invoked via preferences or on
> next launch if turned on via the installer (which launches mozilla anyway).
>
> When Quick Launch is active, double clicking the mozilla.exe or the icon
> in the system tray will cause a new browser window to be created using
> the already running mozilla process if there is only one profile and
> there are no other open mozilla window. If there are multiple profiles
> and there are no open mozilla windows, then the profile manager dialog
> shows, allowing the user to pick her profile.
>
> [systray menu]
> The system tray icon also presents a menu when the user right-clicks on
> it. Selecting any of the mozilla components opens that component.

What is the tray icon supposed to do on left click? Currently it seems
to do nothing.
I'd suggest to choose (by a pref) a default action from the menu and
execute it on left-click. It would be nice if the default action was
bold in the menu then.
Another useful behavior would be to launch the component that was last
launched from this menu. ie you select browser from the menu and when
you want a new window you just left click the icon

I wonder why chatzilla is not in the menu.