List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Re: Problems creating a theme
From:       flyingcow () subdimension ! com (flyingcow)
Date:       2001-11-28 3:24:19

> Can anyone help?
>
> I have been around *all* tutorials and papers I could find but they are
> either outdated or do not match my case. Or I missed something completely.
>
> I am a programmer and if I can't figure out how to make a theme how will a
> non-tech designer? ;)

Hi, I'm not sure if this will help, but I've also recently tried to
create a new theme and had some problems. Instead of doing an XPI
install like you did, I followed the instructions from xulplanet.com,
i.e. to add lines to installed-chrome.txt. It didn't work. My problem
was that I'm running a mozilla where I grab a nightly every few days
and simply untar it. So mozilla's shared libraries were not shared and
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME was not set. In order to install the theme, the
../mozilla/regchrome command must be run. Try invoking it explicitly
and check to see if it complains.

To share the libraries, just add the path to your /etc/ld.so.conf, and
export the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME variable.

Unfortunately, your problem is probably different. Oh sigh. There
really should be a detailed theme creation howto around.

- cow