List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    Re: Tabbrowser and themes
From:       Alfred Kayser <alfredkayser () nl ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-11-26 13:08:42

David Gerard wrote:

> Seeing weird stuff in the tabbrowser? Try changing theme and see if it
> still happens.
>
> e.g. over the past couple of weeks of nightlys, I see odd behaviour from
> Alfred Kayser's themes (LittleMozilla and Wood), but less from Modern.
> If I hadn't thought to change themes, I'd have ended up filing an
> irreproducible bug.
>
> (Should the tabbrowser be so susceptible to the theme?)
>

> (The odd behaviour: a window will never open a second tab until the
> *second* attempt to open it - whether by 'Open in new tab' or ctrl-T - and
> the leftmost tab on a window can never be shut with ctrl-W. In Modern, both
> of these happen on rare occasions, but not all the time.)

Fixed in the latest 'builds' of my themes, go to:
http://www.geocities.com/alfredkayser/mozilla/themes.htm
to re-install.

P.s. themes are very susceptible to the XUL definitions of the
applications, and *vice-versa*: the .js of the application refers
to some UI elements to do its trick, however a theme can disable or
remove elements (by rebinding elements).

Greetings, Alfred