List:       mozilla-ui
Subject:    2 annoyances ...
From:       "Petr Krenzelok" <petr.krenzelok () trz ! cz>
Date:       2001-09-30 20:02:21

Hi,

I just downloaded Moz. 0.9.4, and I am observing 2 things, which were
probably reported already, but can break UI experience pretty much. Both
regarding single line edits (get fields):

1) when typing, cursor is disturbing last letter written. Why? It is being
placed one or two points back, messing last letter you type ....
2) mouse-select some text inside the field. Then try to reselect text by
clicking the mouse, trying to reposition your cursor. You will not be
allowed to do so, instead of that  UI thinks you want to perform cut &
paste. I would like to know, what OS supports such behavior by default? It
seems confusing to me ...

Maybe not directly UI related, but:

 - where can I set my user data location? I started to look at Mozilla 1) I
am still Netscape mailer user on some machines 2) I like idea of
non-installing Mozilla - just copy & run, so MS OS independence. We often
just delete Windows mess when reinstalling machine, and placing data into
Windows/App data/..... by default is non standard even in Windows terms.
What about Program Files dir? Or even better directory of Mozilla placement?

Is there any simple way of how to relocate my Mozilla config/mailbox/etc
data?

Thanks,
-pekr-