List:       mozilla-security
Subject:    java api to get netscape certificate
From:       "michel mackiewicz" <michel.mackiewicz () pasinternational ! com>
Date:       2001-04-18 11:17:19

Hi all,

I want to sign an object from an applet. I want to use the same private key
and certificate that is used by the Netscape browser to authenticate as a
SSL client.

Is it possible in an applet to get the certificates and associated private
key from the Netscape certificate database (cert.db) ?

Are there any public (or semi-public) java api from Netscape to do that ?

Thank you.