List:       mozilla-security
Subject:    Re: Signed scripts ?
From:       Mitch Stoltz <mstoltz () netscape ! com>
Date:       2000-03-29 2:09:24

Biju,
   Exactly. We're now signing the whole file, not just the Javascript, on the
assumption that site developers want to finish their pages and then sign them
before publishing. With the new syntax, they don't have to go back through and
add ID and ARCHIVE tags in order to sign pages. True, any change to the HTML
will mean having to re-sign, but this way is more straightforward.