List:       mozilla-security
Subject:    question on certificates
From:       mmirzama () csc ! com
Date:       1999-11-16 14:22:08

I have a quick question. I appreciate if anyone could answer it.

Our WAI enabled applications are running on an NT Netscape
Directory Server 3.1 and we would like to turn the SSL on. In order
to add the certificate feature, we are calling the ldapssl_clientauth_init()
function. To use this function, I would need to find out whether the
certificate being used is a server-certificate or a client-certificate.
Netscape documentation only provides the options of either client-certificate
or client-server-certificate. VeriSign, on the other hand, provides only
a server-certificate we use on a trial bases.

Also, the path to the database containing the certificate
(/u/mozilla/.netscape/cert7.db) is unclear to me. What is this path
used for and by whom (server or client)?

I appreciate any help you may provide.
Mike-