List:       mozilla-security
Subject:    two different certificates with same DN
From:       Roland Dirlewanger <rd () dr15 ! cnrs ! fr>
Date:       2002-07-09 17:44:51

Hi,

I have some problems with Mozilla 1.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US;
rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020607

I own two different personnal certificates signed by two different
Certification Authority. The two certificates have the same subject DN.

In the "Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings", the "Security" tag should
let me select one of both certificates for signing and encrypting. The
"Select" button opens a window with a selection menu and information
about the the second certificate I imported. The selection menu has only
one entry, labeled "Imported certificate".

Using openssl, I gave a different friendly name to each of the
certificates and reloaded them in a brand new profile. Now, the
selection menu still shows only one certificate, which has the friendly
name of the first certificate, followed by the serial number of the
second one. The information shown is the one of the second certificate.

Is there a fix or a workaround for this bug ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Roland.

--
Roland Dirlewanger
CNRS - Delegation Aquitaine et Poitou-Charentes

Mel : rd@dr15.cnrs.fr, Tel : 05.57.35.58.52, Fax : 05.57.35.58.01