List:       mozilla-security
Subject:    JSS2.1 SSLSocket
From:       Swaminathan Seetharaman <Swaminathan.Seetharaman () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2001-10-29 14:46:31

Hi,

I'm using JSS2.1 api's to establish ssl between the client and the
server.
When I try to simulate multiple requests to the server the SSL client
throws an StackOverFlowError after specified number of requests.
Always the client seem to fail after 100,000 connections.
I checked the status of the sockets open and it seems to be fine.
I'm not sure whether the sslsocket.close() free's the resources
properly?

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.netscape.jss.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at com.netscape.jss.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.socketConnect(Compiled
Code)
        at com.netscape.jss.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.doConnect(Compiled Code)
        at com.netscape.jss.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Compiled
Code)
        at com.netscape.jss.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Compiled Code)
        at com.netscape.jss.ssl.SSLSocket.<init>(Compiled Code)

Has anyone come across this problem?

warmest reagard
cheers swamy