List:       mozilla-rdf
Subject:    Bookmark questions
From:       aaron reed <aaronr () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2000-03-07 18:11:05

I've got some questions about bookmarks.

1) Why are the bookmarks hardcoded?  Is there plans to provide the 4.x
bookmark functionality of "Open Bookmark", "Save As" and "Import", etc.?

2) I am interested in contributing work to allow the loading of
bookmarks from the network (specifying a bookmark file from the
internet/intranet or even a LAN drive).  Being able to specify such a
bookmark file via prefs or xul.  Would this be a waste of time or is
there enough merit that mozilla would accept the work?

3) Is there a module owner for the bookmarks interface that I should
address such questions to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--Aaron