List:       mozilla-rdf
Subject:    Re: RDF Generic Builder change re: containment and ignore attributes
From:       Robert John Churchill <rjc () netscape ! com>
Date:       1999-12-03 2:10:57

Yeah, I left the code in because I didn't want to prevent someone from
doing:

<tree containment="foo" datasources="rdf:blah">
  <treechildren>
      <treeitem id="container1" containment="containmentprop1"
ignore="ignoreprop1" container="true" />
      <treeitem id="container2" containment="containmentprop2"
ignore="ignoreprop2" container="true" />
  </treechildren>
</tree>

Granted, none of our current trees do this, so perhaps it isn't worth
keeping in.

I just figured that since we haven't identified this as a performance hit,
there was no real cost to leaving it in, especially since the "need
performance improvements" areas such as mail/news do set containment on the
root node, so they hit the optimal case.

Robert