List:       mozilla-rdf
Subject:    Re: Multi selections and sorting on a tree with the flag dont-build-content
From:       Neil <neil () parkwaycc ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-10-25 23:07:30

Calvin Hendryx-Parker wrote:

> I'm building a tree from a remote datasource and I have just one
> column which I would like to be able to sort on.  The only way I have
> been able to get it to sort is by specifying the flag
> dont-build-content and then the sort stuff on the tree works.

In fact it is possible to use the XUL sort service to sort a
content-based template.

> But once I do that and select a few things it is fine until I click
> the column header to sort.  The sort indexes stay the same as the
> original sort so the things I had selected before are now deselected
> and the ones that are now in the new index positions are selected.
> Not very practical for my needs.  Is there a means of maintaing the
> items selection even as its index changes?

The mail message list is a custom view so it has special selection
handling code... I would file an enhancement to apply this to
dont-build-content trees if nobody else has yet. Otherwise, you would
have to intercept column clicks, save the selected resources, sort the
tree and restore the selection.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.