List:       mozilla-rdf
Subject:    Re: Any way to add RDF:ID in a RDF Assert?
From:       Axel Hecht <axel () pike ! org>
Date:       2004-10-12 11:10:02

L. Eng wrote:
> Hi Axel
>
> Sorry, I should have been more specific.  When I do this:
>
> datasource.Assert(subject, property, object, true);
>
> how do I specify the RDF:ID?  The ID belongs to the assertion, not to
> any of the parts.  Right now, I'm assuming I have to manually edit the
> rdf file and add the ID.  Is there another way?
> Thanks for the help.
> Larry

Dang me. I should have read more closely. Reification. Bah.

In short, we don't support this. Look at
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/#reification for the graph that creates.
AFAIK (didn't check, but I'd be highly suprised), the serializer won't
map that to an rdf:ID on the property element, though.

Axel