List:       mozilla-rdf
Subject:    refreshing a tree
From:       Chuck Musser <chuckie () well ! com>
Date:       2003-12-19 7:06:07

I'm having trouble refreshing a XUL-template tree once the server-based
RDF has changed. I've read previous posts on the subject and copied code
but I can't get a live refresh. When the RDF changes, it takes a browser
restart to see the changes. I've also futzed with the cache settings,
but that didn't have an effect.

Here's the code I'm using to refresh:

// ridelist is the templated XUL tree.
var ridelist = document.getElementById("ridelist");
var dsList = ridelist.database.GetDataSources();
var remote =
dsList.getNext().QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIRDFRemoteDataSource);
if(remote) {
    remote.Refresh(false);
    ridelist.builder.rebuild();
}