List:       mozilla-qt
Subject:    Re: Getting Mozilla/QT off the ground again
From:       KaiRo - Robert Kaiser <kairo () kairo ! at>
Date:       2004-02-26 2:13:56

Hi,

> What requires to be done? Everything?

As it seems, basically yes.
I would probably good to start a new mini-branch (off the trunk) to
start with. That means only branching the files we need to, and using
the rest from the trunk.
I guess the work should be based on current qt3, I don't think we
currently need to support anything older. Getting something working
seems to be most important, so not complicate it with supporting too
many different qt versions.

> What has been done? Nothing?

There's the old Qt branch still sitting around, it can serve as an
example, but I guess it would be best to recode everything needed from
scratch (though some code parts might be reuseable).

> Any comments?

I'd volunteer to help with cutting a mini-branch, checking in on it, and
doing regular builds that can be downloaded. I don't think I'd be able
to do any real programming though.
You can ask biesi, opi and timeless for help on IRC, as they might know
a bit of the previous Qt port code.

Robert Kaiser (KaiRo on IRC)