List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    Antwort: Can free Mozilla be installed over the SWC version
From:       "Martin Forisch" <martin.forisch () wave-solutions ! com>
Date:       2001-05-17 18:27:53

>I have installed the Software Choice offering of the Mozilla
>browser, can I install the free Mozilla versions over the
>top of the SWC version or do I have to wait for new SWC
>versions to be made available.

Derek,
you can install both, but I would not recommend to put eg. Mozilla 0.9
on top of the Softwarechoice version.

I do have both installed, and launch the 0.9 version with a
small cmd script that sets beginlibpath= to point to
<moz0.9dir>\bin and <moz0.9dir>\bin\components

I do not think that you can run them side by side since the dlls from
on version will have the same module name.
Since the OS/2 loader finds these module names already resident in memory
it will not attempt to load a second (different but with the same name)
dll.

The result is the same as with a wrong mozilla/os2web dll version in your
libpath.

Best regards, Martin Forisch